Group 1 – 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Group 2 – 3 pm to 4 pm
Please note that we’re using North American Eastern Standard Time
Chess Lessons are a great way to learn chess, but what about practice?
Sure, classes are interesting, but how about just fun and social event where kids can meet and play the great game of chess in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
No rushing in the car to get your child to the game in time! Everything is online. You can join our free Sunday Games from any location – if you’re comfortable with EST hours. No pressure, just fun!
Log in to our portal every Sunday from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm and join a group of kids playing chess.
Very Important! This is Scholastic Event! This means only children are allowed to participate.
We do not accept same-day registration due to maximum capacity. If you registered on Sunday, you will participate in the next week Sunday Games, not this week!
Please use our registration form below to reserve your seat. If registering more than player, please refresh the webpage and resubmit the registration for the second player.
NE Chess School Students! Please use our PARENT PORTAL to reserve the seat.
Quick Rules for Fischerandom Chess
- Fischerandom Chess is played with a normal chess board and pieces. All rules of Orthodox Chess apply except as otherwise noted.
- The initial configuration of the chess pieces is determined randomly for White, and the black pieces are placed equal and opposite the white pieces. The piece placement is subject to the constraints:
- the king is placed somewhere between the two rooks, and
- the bishops are on opposite colors.
- pawns are placed on each player’s second rank as in Orthodox Chess.
There are 960 such configurations.